Notification problem

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Apr 22 06:59:19 CEST 2005

Chris,

You _really_ have to help us help you. We have no really useful
information to do anything but guess and that's not constructive for any
of us. We're not psychic, at least that I know of and it's not fun to
pull teeth to get information to help someone.

What is your notification command definition?
What is an example host and service definition that aren't working?
What troubleshooting have you done so far?
Do you see anything in your maillog indicating that nagios is attempting
to send the notification? If yes, what do you see?
Do you see anything in nagios.log indicating that nagios is attempting
to send the notification? What do you see?
Are all the commands available and properly pathed that are used in your
notification command? It typically uses echo or printf and mail.
What OS are you using?
How did you install nagios? Tarball? Package? Whose?

--
Marc