Notification problem

Drew Kollasch drewk at bvrmc.org
Thu Apr 21 23:24:59 CEST 2005

Well that's good. Do you get any errors relating to not being able to find the sendmail program? If not, then does the nagios user (whoever the nagios process is running as) have permission to execute the mailer? (try an email test as the nagios user)
If all that works fine, its not an MTA issue, and you can start looking for errors in the your cfg files. (specifically contactgroups.cfg, misccommands.cfg, hosts.cfg and services.cfg)
This may sound menial, but I have ran into all these problems myself. Although it has been sometime since I have had to resolve them. :)

Drew Kollasch
Network/Desktop Technician
kollasch.drew at bvrmc.org
712-213-8668