Unable To Install Nagios Plugins

Padmanabh Padaki padmanabh_padaki at gymboree.com
Fri Apr 15 00:26:55 CEST 2005

>From the remote host.

A user nagios and group nagios has been creagted.

Inetd.conf entry.

nrpe stream tcp nowait nagios /usr/local/nagios/nrpe -c
/usr/local/nagios/nrpe.cfg --inetd

/etc/services entry.

#
# For Nagios Monitoring
#
nrpe            5666/tcp        # NRPE

/usr/local/nagios/nrpe.cfg entry.

The two changes are to the disks entry lines. No other change has been made
in this file.

command[check_users]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_users -w 5 -c 10
command[check_load]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_load -w 15,10,5 -c
30,25,20
command[check_disk1]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p
/dev/md/dsk/d0
command[check_disk2]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p
/dev/md/dsk/d3
command[check_zombie_procs]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_procs -w 5 -c 10
-s Z
command[check_total_procs]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_procs -w 150 -c
200

>From the nagios server, I ran the following command. Here is the output.

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H 192.168.109.54 -p 5666 -c check_disk
CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.

>From the web, when I try to update the check, this is the error message

Error: Could not open command file '/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd' for
update!

File permission on the directory and the file

drwxrwsr-x  2 nagios nagios 4096 Apr 14 14:44 rw

prw-rw----  1 nagios nagios    0 Apr 14 14:44 nagios.cmd

-rwxr-xr-x  1 nagios nagios 51041 Apr 13 13:21 check_nrpe

The nagios server is Fedora linux and the remote host is running solaris 8.

Thanks

- padaki