Almost there please assist...(check_ping) new install

Calvin Crutchfield ccrutchfield at incodewireless.com
Thu Apr 14 00:02:47 CEST 2005

SG,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I now have what uopu suggested in  my
hosts.cfg  file.    IE:

define host{
        host_name                       nagios_server
        alias                           nagios server
        address                         localhost
        check_command                   check_myhost!200,20%!300,30%!5
        max_check_attempts              5
        process_perf_data               0
        retain_nonstatus_information    0
        contact_groups                  router-admins
        notification_interval           30
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            d,u,r
        }

define command{
        command_name    check_myhost
        command_line    /space/nagios/libexec/check_ping -H 127.0.0.1 -w
$ARG1$ -c $ARG2$ -p $
ARG3$
        }

However, still shows down.  Both the gui and log file show a message
stating:

[1113429048] HOST NOTIFICATION:
nagiosadmin;nagios_server;DOWN;host-notify-by-email;wpl (90) cannot be
larger than cpl (60)

Running manuall from the command line, I get :

[root at devupsilon01] # ./check_ping -H localhost -w 200,20% -c 300,30% -p 5
PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.00 ms
[root at devupsilon01] #

Questions:
    Why is the gui showing down?
    Is there a log file that indicates each time a check command is ran
rather than just the notification ?
    Does the nagios Process have to be restarted if I make changes to any
config files?

Thanks so much for your help.  I have read a lot and will read even further
tonight. I would just LOVE to get a ping working!

-calvin

On 4/13/05 2:18 PM, "Subhendu Ghosh" <sghosh at sghosh.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Calvin Crutchfield wrote:
>
>> > OK.  Took me 2.5 days but I have NAGIOS and the interface running.  What >>
I'm