nagios 20b3 segfaults

Schimpke, Dr. Thomas / bhn Schimpke.Thomas at bhn-services.com
Wed Apr 13 12:14:34 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've noticed, that nagios 2.0b3 segfaults, while checking the config
with

nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

The reason was, that I had several services put into a servicegroup,
that actually did not exist. After creating the servicegroup, everything
was fine.

I did not notice this behaviour, if something else is wrong, e.g. if a
hostgroup is missing or the hostname is misspelled. So it seems to be a
problem related to the servicegroups. I'm quite sure, that in version
2.0b2 I got an error message, if a servicegroup was not there...

Cheers,

Thomas