passive host checks obseeing with -1 value!

Artur D'Assumpção artur.dassumpcao at di.com.pt
Tue Apr 12 13:37:08 CEST 2005

I'm using passive host checks to verify if a host is alive. On the
distributed server I have configured the active check_command has the
standard check_host_alive command:

define command {
    command_name    check-host-alive
    command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 2000.0,50% -c
5000.0,100% -p 3
}

To submit checks to the NSCA server I am using also the standard
submit-check-command explained on the documentation. I confirm that for
passive host checks this command works perfectly, but i've noticed that
the same does not happen with passive host checks. I've debuged the info
that nagios was passing to submit-check-script when was obsessing the
host command check and something is going wrong here:

"domain.host    -1"

That "-1" is probably something wrong while executing the
check-host-alive, but i've already checked and this command is working,
he is also being used to actively check other hosts. Any ideas?

I'm using nagios version 2.0b3

Thnks,

AD