Nagiosgraph question...

Guy Waugh gwaugh at scu.edu.au
Tue Apr 12 00:59:25 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm running nagios 1.2 with nagiosgraph 0.3, but with the latest CVS
versions of show.cgi (v1.11) and insert.pl (v1.9) from sourceforge.
Anyway...

When you say you have to manually manipulate the URL, do you mean in
your web browser (on the loaded 'notes' page), or in the
serviceextinfo.cfg file?

The default way to get a graph with nagiosgraph seems to be to append
'?host=$HOSTNAME$&service=$SERVICEDESC$' on the end of the 'notes_url'
entry in the serviceextinfo definition. This will graph every data
element saved in the RRD file for the service - for example, if you are
graphing load average and your nagiosgraph map file saves the 1min, 5min
and 15min load average in the RRD file, nagiosgraph will show all three
data elements in the graph. By using the '&db=' feature of nagiosgraph,
you can choose to graph only some elements from the RRD file, or you can
create multiple graphs from the one RRD file. Also, by using the
'&rrdopts=' feature of nagiosgraph (introduced in version 1.9 of
show.cgi, I believe), you can have some control over how the graph will
look.

The nagiosgraph 'Help' forum on sourceforge is here:

Regards,
Guy.