No output returned from plugin

Hendrik Baecker b00mer at gmx.net
Mon Apr 11 13:43:17 CEST 2005

Olivier Mugabonake schrieb:

>Thanks for your reply
>

>>>Did you try this as the User under which is Nagios running? Or just as root?
>>>

>I did so just as root not as nagios user
>

>>>I hope you don't try to insert "/usr/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H
>>>

>remoteHost -c >>check_disk1" as check_command in your services.cfg...
>
>I defined the command above in the checkcommands.cfg file, in
>servece.cfg file I just gave the the name of the command
>
>To be more explicit here is a part of my services.cfg file :
>
>        host_name                            mx1srv3
>        check_command                   check_disk_mx1srv3
>
>And this is the concerned part of my checkcommand.cfg file
>
>define command{
>        command_name    check_disk_mx1srv3
>        command_line    /usr/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H mx1srv3 -c
>check_disk1 -w 25% -c 15%
>        }

Looks not so bad, but:

Is your NRPE Daemon on the other side configured to handle Arguments?

Your command definition gives the arguments -w 25% and -c 15%.

First of all, you should have a look at the nrpe.cfg on the remote host
and check the command_names.

If you want to give the warning and critical thresholds from your
checkcommands.cfg through nrpe to your nrpe Daemon on the other side you
have to allow the nrpe daemon to handle with arguments (This ist not
recommend because of security reasons!!!)

If you even want this your checkcommand has to be such: check_nrpe -H
mx1srv3 -c check_disk1 -a 25 [SPACE] 15 and the command_name on the
remote nrpe.cfg has to interpret these args as $ARG1$ $ARG2$ and so on...

If have enabled the argument parsing of nrpe and it just won't work,
have a look about the '%' Chars... I am not sure if you have to tell him
this chars. Just try the values 25 and 15 instead of 25% and 15%...

Another chance is to enable the debug at your nrpe daemon (nrpe.cfg
debug=1) and have a look at your system log when nagios connects to.