No output returned from plugin

Olivier Mugabonake mugabonakeolivier at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 13:01:57 CEST 2005

Thanks for your reply

>>Did you try this as the User under which is Nagios running? Or just as root?

I did so just as root not as nagios user

>>I hope you don't try to insert "/usr/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H
remoteHost -c >>check_disk1" as check_command in your services.cfg...

I defined the command above in the checkcommands.cfg file, in
servece.cfg file I just gave the the name of the command

To be more explicit here is a part of my services.cfg file :

        host_name                            mx1srv3
        check_command                   check_disk_mx1srv3

And this is the concerned part of my checkcommand.cfg file

define command{
        command_name    check_disk_mx1srv3
        command_line    /usr/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H mx1srv3 -c
check_disk1 -w 25% -c 15%
        }

I also set the specified permissions on the external command file
(/var/nagios/rw )
(it belongs to nagios and apache users)

Hope my problem is more clear I'll send you any other information you need.
Thanks

On Apr 11, 2005 12:36 PM, Hendrik Baecker <b00mer at gmx.net> wrote:
> Olivier Mugabonake schrieb:
>
> >Hello there,
> >
> >I 'm running nagios 1.2 on a linux gentoo.
> >I would like to monitor hosts other than where nagios is intalled.
> >when I run this
> > nagios-server etc # /usr/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H remoteHost -c check_disk1
> >
> >I receive the right status of disks on remoteHost.
> >

> Did you try this as the User under which is Nagios running? Or just as root?
>
> >My problem is this:
> >when I define the above command in services config file to be
> >automatically handled by nagios, I receive this status on my nagios
> >web interface:"No output returned from plugin"
> >

> I hope you don't try to insert
> "/usr/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H remoteHost -c check_disk1"
> as check_command in your services.cfg...
>
> Normaly you define your check_command "PATH/check_nrpe ARGS" in your
> checkcommands.cfg with a nagios command_name like nrpe and this
> command_name you should have in your service definition.
> How did you do?
>
> Perhaps you can send the used parts out of your configs (services.cfg,
> checkcommands.cfg)
>
> >nrpe and nsca are running and correctly configured on nagios server
> >and remoteHost.
> >
> >Please help me.
> >

> ...we will try...

> >::: Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v) and OS when reporting any issue.
> >::: Messages without supporting info will risk being sent to /dev/null
> >

> Best regards,
> Hendrik

<<