web interface acting weird

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Fri Apr 8 11:15:00 CEST 2005

Hi.

Fred Blaise wrote:

> Hello
>
> Running nagios 1.3 on debian testing, file based.
> After modifying services.cfg and restarting Nagios, I half the time
> experience truncated web pages..
> The hosts I have changed or services are not showing on the web page.
> Sometimes, refreshing brings them back, other times not. Sometimes it
> shows everything, and after a refresh, they are gone again, without
> restarting nagios...

I guess you've got more than one instance of nagios running. Probably a
left-over from the restart - this happens quite often, unfortunatley.

Simply try to stop nagios, wait a little, kill all remaining nagios
processes, check they are gone, repeat if necessary :-) and start nagios.

Bad if you want continous monitoring in the logs, but that's life...

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    al at its-lehmann.de