have to kill nagios 2x to kill it.

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Apr 6 10:32:55 CEST 2005

This issue has to do with threads being stuck in uninterruptable IO
(waiting for input from IPC pipes). The proper way to handle it is to do
something like this

send_term_to_nagios
seconds=0
while [ nagios_still_running ]; do
	seconds=$((seconds+1))
	[ $seconds -ge 10 ] && break
done
[ $seconds -ge 10 ] && send_kill_to_nagios

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer