Help: nrpe: Unknown option specified in config file

Paul L. Allen pla at softflare.com
Wed Apr 6 01:51:17 CEST 2005

John A. Martin writes:

> Many thanks.  I saw the opening brace only after trying to grep for
> the whole line!  I had been looking for that for several days.  It
> works now.  Time to change type fonts,

That helps.

> or get younger eyes.

That helps too.  Also useful is first looking at what the error messages
report.  Yeah, I know, 90% of the time error messages are incorrect
because the program has been thrown out of kilter by an earlier error it
didn't report, but sometimes the error messages are correct.  In this case
the error message was correct.  Another trick is to get somebody else in
your organization to look it over - somebody without your preconceptions
about what is and isn't there is likely to spot it in seconds (which is
what I did - I looked at the log message, looked at the command definition
and saw the problem immediately).

> What is the recommended way to implement a timeout in shell?

Rewrite the shell script in perl. :)

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support