have to kill nagios 2x to kill it.

Dave Hall dhall at vermeermfg.com
Tue Apr 5 23:34:41 CEST 2005

We are playing with the new nagios2.  We have tried nagios2.0b2 and
nagios2.0b3 on Sun Solaris 10, using plugins version 1.4 and are having the
same problem, even after we try to stop the process, it is still running.
To kill the nagios process we have to issue a second 'kill <PID>'.

So far to stop the process using the nagios script, I have added a second
line to the stop section.  This kludge fixes the init file, but does not fix
the web interface.

Either way we try to stop nagios, we find 'caught SIGTERM, stutting down' in
the nagios log and the web interface becomes disfunctional.

I have been able to replicate this same scenario on Solaris 9 using Nagios
2.0bx.

Any ideas?

Dave