Segmentation Fault???

Jeff Lemay jeffrey_lemay at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 01:45:55 CEST 2005

Hey Guys, I've configured Nagios on Redhat9 and I've
done the whole ./nagios -v to check my config.  It
seems to all check out, but for some reason I get the
following message:

[root at otrs bin]# ./nagios -d
/opt/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
Segmentation fault

When I try to run it through rc.d, this is what I get:

[root at otrs bin]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios start
Starting network monitor: nagios
/etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios: line 177:  4763 Segmentation
fault      $NagiosBin -d $NagiosCfg
ps: error: List of process IDs must follow -p.
usage: ps -[Unix98 options]
       ps [BSD-style options]
       ps --[GNU-style long options]
       ps --help for a command summary

here is the end of the contents of my nagios rc.d
file:
                        fi
                else
                        $NagiosBin -v $NagiosCfg
                        echo "failed - aborting
reload."
                        exit 1
                fi
                ;;

        *)
                echo "Usage: nagios
{start|stop|restart|reload|force-reload|status}"
                exit 1
                ;;

esac

Not quite sure what is going on...any help would be
greatly appreciated!  thanks!