alerts not reaching me

'Payal Rathod' payal-nagios at scriptkitchen.com
Thu Sep 30 17:05:28 CEST 2004

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 10:57:00PM -0700, Tedman Eng wrote:
> It sounds like you're using a packaged version of nagios plugins which are
> incompatible with your system.  You will need to download, compile and
> install the plugins to fit your system.  It sounds like you're quite new to
> unix/linux.  I'd suggest seeking help from a more seasoned admin when you
> begin your adventure in compiling.

I uninstalled rpm package and installed nagios-plugins-1.4.0alpha1 from
tar ball.
I configured and compiled and  install nagios again. Now I have,
# ps waux|grep nagios
nagios   17868  0.0  0.1  1976  968 ?        S    20:23   0:00 /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -d /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

# ./check_http yahoo.com
CRITICAL - Socket timeout after 10 seconds

What must be wrong?

Thanks a lot.
With warm regards,
-Payal