Pb with the start script of nrpe

carole verdon verdon at cict.fr
Thu Sep 30 14:11:44 CEST 2004

When i try to execute from the command line, it says that:

$ ./check_nrpe_nossl -H telline.cict.fr -c check_oracle_databases
NRPE: Unable to read output
$./check_nrpe_nossl -H telline.cict.fr -c check_printqueue
NRPE: Unable to read output

When i restart manually nrpe daemon( /usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -c
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg -d ), all was OK.

$./check_nrpe_nossl -H telline.cict.fr -c check_oracle_databases
all databases OK
$ ./check_nrpe_nossl -H telline.cict.fr -c check_printqueue
OK - no print requests on standby

NRPE daemon  runs under nagios user.
ps -ef | grep nrpe
  nagios 10680 10665  1 14:02:03 pts/0     0:00 grep nrpe
  nagios  5477     1  0 11:04:52 ?         0:00
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg

My scripts own to nagios user and other have permissions to execute them.
$ ls -al check_oracle*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 nagios     sysadmin      7640 Jun  9 16:15 check_oracle
-rwxr-xr-x   1 nagios     sysadmin      2387 Sep 30 11:06
check_oracle_databases.sh
$ ls -al check_print*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 nagios     sysadmin      1274 Jul 20 09:24
check_printqueue.sh

Other ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Carole.