Services Stuck in Pending State

Jeff Scott jeff at skislave.com
Wed Sep 29 17:56:56 CEST 2004

Thanks for the replys, but I know about the dual process issues...and I
had already check all of the processes.  I've read all the docs many
times, searched the faqs, and the internet.  I've been running Nagios for
6 or so months, with no problems, but this really seems to be a bug with
1.2, for instance, in this case I'm running Nagios on a Solaris system.  I
had previously built nagios 1.0 on solaris, on a small netra t1.  However
last week, I installed nagios 1.2 on a dual processor, 2 gb ram Sun
Server, and now I have this problem.  I'm seeing it on both Solaris 8 and
Redhat9.  As a test, I copied my services checks back to 1.0, and there
are no issues, it runs perfect.  But 1.2 seems to get "stale".  Another
example, a service check that was fine yesterday, after a restart nagios
now doesn't update today.  Again, nothing logged, no errors.  Is there a
way to debug what is really happening?

At this point, it looks like I'm going to have to downgrade to nagios 1.0.

Thanks for any help...
Jeff Scott