problem with nagios...

Mario Sergio Candian mscandian at freebsdbrasil.com.br
Fri Sep 24 22:27:29 CEST 2004

Hi Jan,

no, the nslookup not resolve the IP. look:

cyberdine:~# nslookup 200.x.x.x
Server:  patinhas.teleon.com.br
Address:  200.243.51.4
Aliases:  4.51.243.200.in-addr.arpa

*** patinhas.teleon.com.br can't find 200.x.x.x: Non-existent host/domain

I need to do it in other server. Ex:

(root at webmail) # ./check_dns -H www.cade.com.br -s 200.x.x.Y -t 60
DNS ok - 0 seconds response time, Address(es) is/are 200.185.15.96

Then, its work fine. But in my server it doesnt work.

How i can fix this problem to monitor the BIND server in other machine?

I need to monitor some servers, and some I need to monitor a BIND,
Sendmail (local), Radius, and some servers enable for some IP. How i can
do it?

Thanks.

Mario Sergio