Notification escalations

Collins, Steve Steve.Collins at industry.gov.au
Wed Sep 22 05:08:56 CEST 2004

I'm putting in a few escalations for services and hosts now, and I'm a tad confused over the way the doco explains how they work.  My interpretation of the doco has me thinking that if an escalation is matched, ONLY the contact groups specified in the escalation are notified, and NOT the default group PLUS the group(s) nominated in the escalation.  Am I reading it right?

If so, I need to change my escalations a bit...

TIA.

Steve
--
Stephen Collins
Web Development Section

E steve.collins at industry.gov.au
P +61 2 62137193
C +61 410 680722
F +61 2 62136227

Decode geekcode at http://www.joereiss.net/geek/ungeek.html

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments to it, is
intended for the use of the addressee and is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, read, forward, copy or retain any of the information. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please delete it and notify the sender by return e-mail or telephone.
The Commonwealth does not warrant that any attachments are free from viruses or any other defects. You assume all liability for any loss, damage or other consequences which may arise from opening or using the attachments.