Net-Nsca-1.5

Vanole, Mike mike.vanole at attws.com
Fri Sep 17 16:00:34 CEST 2004

Still trying for a pure perl passive check soultion I found Net-NSCA on
CPAN. I was looking for a send_nsca.pl equivalent that supported
passwords, and this was does. This module was written when Nagios was
NetSaint, but it appears to *work* as far as I can tell. That is, it
executes and attempts to deliver an alert, but it gets the same error I
sought help on in a previous post that the send_nsca.pl script (on
nagios.org/extras) was issuing.

The error I'm getting with both perl solutions is:

Received invalid packet type/version from client - possibly due to
client using wrong password or crypto algorithm?

We require encryption (for what it's worth) and a password. We have also
tried executing with encryption turned off. The error occurs on NCR
UNIX, Solaris, and Linux so it's probably not the OS, or the Perl
implementation on the client.

Has anyone implemented Net-NSCA, and/or seen and overcome the above
error message?

Mike