Problem with nagios logs

YAVUZ TEMIZKAN ytemizkan at inteltek.com.tr
Thu Sep 16 18:32:07 CEST 2004

Hi folks,

Currently i have an intention to parse nagios log files according to hosts and/or time. But my problem is that nagios logs the time according to unix time i mean like this:
[1095351602] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1095351882] HOST FLAPPING ALERT: www.someurl.com;STOPPED; Host appears to have stopped flapping (0.0% change < 5.0% threshold)

İ have to change these logs to normal time ie
16-09-2004 19:28:59 EEST 2004

However i have nearly 6 months logs and this will be too much time consuming even if done with a script.(i have a script to translate this time written in perl)

What i want to find out is  how can we change the logging format in nagios ( cant find anything useful in nagios.log)

Thanks in advance

Yavuz Temizkan