when you know a host is going down

nagios at mattvenn.net nagios at mattvenn.net
Thu Sep 16 16:14:45 CEST 2004

Hello list,

I've got what I think is a simple question and I'm sure its an easy
configuration problem, but I can't find the answer in the FAQ or
mailing list archives.

If I know a host is going down for maintenance what I want to be able
to do is just put the host into maintenance or disable checks. But
this doesn't stop all the host's services from still being checked.
The only way I can avoid lots of redness and emails is to
disable/maintain every service on the host to be taken down.

Is this default behaviour?

I tried to configure dependencies.cfg to stop problems being flagged
when the nagios host's internet connection went down but couldn't get
this to work either. Is the dependencies.cfg file the key to all this?

Cheers for any help,

Matt

--
Better to light a candle than curse the darkness.
  - Chinese Proverb