Host assumed to be up - status information

nagios at mm.quex.org nagios at mm.quex.org
Thu Sep 16 02:55:39 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 09:43:49AM +1000, Lendra Tanujaya wrote:

> Have you come across where the host status information appears with
> 'Host assumed to be up' rather than actual status of the host itself?
>
> Some of the hosts that I configured for Nagios appears with the above
> status and some with the actual status. I have looked at the config and
> it all appears to be the same.

Nagios only performs host checks if a service check on the host
fails. If all service checks are okay, then Nagios will just assume
that the host is up and not check it.  The hosts that report the
actual status either have or had one or more failed services.

If you want the data gathered by the host check command available
at all times, you'll need to make add it as a service check.