www.nagios.org always down

jeff vier jeff.vier at tradingtechnologies.com
Mon Sep 13 16:49:29 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 12:16 +0200, Mariano Cunietti wrote:
> I'm trying to connect to Nagios website since Friday, but there's no way to browse the site.
> Any hint about what's happening?

>From nagios.org:
09/13/2004 The Nagios website was down for a few days (starting last
Wednesday) due to my hosting provider having some things go AWOL. This
happened just as I was heading off for a vacation, so all I had time to
do before I left was file a trouble ticket with their support folks.
Upon returning from vacation, the site was still borked and I had not
yet received a followup from the hosting provider's support! At any
rate, the site was moved to a new hosting provider yesterday. Some users
may not be able to see the new domain until tomorrow, as the DNS server
changes take time to propagate. I apologize for any inconvenience this
may have caused. I guess I don't need to monitor the website with Nagios
when I get 200+ emails letting me know that the website is having
problems... :-)