Nagios 2.0 performance

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Sat Sep 11 19:26:47 CEST 2004

I do agree, keep code trees in sync sucks. When I analyzed status.cgi
performance before under nagios 1, it spend about 10 parts reading the
nagios conf file, 50 parts walking lists, and about 1 part doing
everything else. After applying the chained hash patch, the 50 parts
pretty much went away, but the remaining 11 parts still took about 5
seconds. (I have about 4500 services.)

Out of the box, Nagios 2 still takes about 5 seconds to load
status.cgi.... which is still too long. My hope is that introducing
(intelligent) database usage will speed up the cgis so dramatically for
large installs that it will be integrated into the main tree. :) But we
will see how it goes.