Nagios 2.0 performance

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Sat Sep 11 16:48:29 CEST 2004

FWIW, I'm almost certainly going to be re-introducing postgres support
into nagios 2, and make it use postgres much more efficiently than it
was doing before. With any luck, I'll be able to get to it this month.
It occurred to me that a shared memory solution limits nagios and the
cgis to running on the same box, as well as both being written in C.
Not so with a database solution. I'd be willing to write my patch so
that it would be easy to support other databases, but I doubt I'd write
support for those myself.

Now, whether or not my code will make it back into the mainline is
another question. :)