Nagios 2.0 performance

Peter McAlpine peter at aoeu.ca
Sat Sep 11 15:32:16 CEST 2004

I've been reading this thread and appreciate all the tips everyone has
to offer, but the time it takes the cgi's to load is obviously due to
parsing the log file for each execution... unfortunately:
*Parsing the log file each time status.cgi runs is just plain silly*

Status should be stored within nagios, and the cgi's should query
nagios (not the log file) for status.
OR
Status should be stored in a database.
If supporting multiple databases is a problem:
-Say "too bad, only foosql is supported" (mysql runs on MsWindows btw)
-Use something like ODBC to make the database more portable.

I know you may say, "then implement this yourself", and I may do just
that... but the speed of the cgi's is something that comes up on this
list regularly, and improving the situation would be very very good.

-Peter