Nagios Interface Revisited

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Wed Sep 8 19:33:14 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 05:32, Anton Krall wrote:
> Guys.
>
> I was thinking, would this work: if you make a copy of the html pages for
> nagios and strip out the links and options you dont want your users to see,
> out them on another web directory, would it work for them? would this make a
> oogd end user interface without having to recode anything and without having
> to worry on them trying to click on something they dont need to or having to
> use another auth system?

Security through obscurity is never a good idea.  Even if the links
weren't there, they could still craft a URL to see it.  Is there some
reason you can't configure the standard CGI permissions in cgi.cfg and
get that to work for you?

If this is a case where users will yell at you if a link tells them
'permission denied' after clicking on it, that's a completely different
story.  But you'll have to hack the cgi's to get that to work.