Nagiostat Output Problem

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Sep 8 10:16:57 CEST 2004

Skip B. Smith wrote:
> I am having problems with nagiostat and regexing the output.  It seems
> as thought the output is being truncated.  I am only trying to get the
> Ping graph working.  I have a host called Internet_Router I am trying
> to use with nagiostat.  Here is the output from the debug.out file for
> the host Internet_Router:
>
> Thu Sep  2 16:55:24 2004
> **INCOMING PERFDATA:
>   LASTCHECK=1094162116
>   HOSTNAME=Internet_Router
>   SERVICEDESCR="PING"
>   SERVICESTATE="OK"
>   OUTPUT="PING"
>   PERFDATA=""
> **WARNING: No match for value with regex on output 'RTA = ([0-9.]+)
> ms'.

I would think its only looking in the not available perfdata output.
check_ping doesn't have perfdata yet, so it's no wonder it doesn't work.
Also, you might want to reconsider that regex, as it says 'find chars
(0-9 or any other) as many as you like at least 1'. The dot in a regex
is similar to question mark in shell wildcards.

If you want to create graphs, try perfparse or something.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer