Nagiostat Output Problem

Skip B. Smith ssmith at locke.com
Tue Sep 7 16:38:18 CEST 2004

I am having problems with nagiostat and regexing the output.  It seems
as thought the output is being truncated.  I am only trying to get the
Ping graph working.  I have a host called Internet_Router I am trying
use with nagiostat.  Here is the output from the debug.out file for
the
host Internet_Router:

Thu Sep  2 16:55:24 2004
**INCOMING PERFDATA:
  LASTCHECK=1094162116
  HOSTNAME=Internet_Router
  SERVICEDESCR="PING"
  SERVICESTATE="OK"
  OUTPUT="PING"
  PERFDATA=""
**WARNING: No match for value with regex on output 'RTA = ([0-9.]+)
ms'.
**WARNING: No match for value with regex on output 'loss = (\d+)%'.

I wrote a little shell script (by suggestion of nagios) to see what
nagios was passing nagiostat.  Here is the script file:
#!/bin/sh
echo `date` >> /tmp/debug_check_nagiostat
echo $*  >> /tmp/debug_check_nagiostat
/usr/lib/nagios/nagiostat/nagiostat $*

Here is the output from the log file that corresponds to the above
logfile output:
Thu Sep 2 16:55:24 EST 2004
-p 1094162116|!!|Internet_Router|!!|PING|!!|OK|!!|PING OK - Packet
loss
= 0%, RTA = 3.64 ms|!!|

Looks like nagios is passing the output but nagiost is truncating it.
Any ideas?

Thank You,

Skip B. Smith
Network Engineer
LOCKE REYNOLDS LLP
201 North Illinois Street, Suite 1000
P.O. Box 44961
Indianapolis, IN  46244-0961
U.S.A.
317-237-3906 voice
317-237-3900 fax
ssmith at locke.com
www.locke.com

This message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s)
and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the
intended recipient(s), you are notified that the dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you
receive this message in error, or are not the name recipient(s), please
notify the sender at either the e-mail address or telephone number above
and delete this e-mail from your computer.  Receipt by anyone other than
the named recipient(s) is not a waiver of any attorney-client, work
product, or other applicable  privilege.  Thank you.