Running java plugins in nagios

Thomas Schimpke schimpke at lenze.de
Wed Sep 8 09:00:42 CEST 2004

Hi Sean,

someone else had written a nagios plugin and experienced the expected
performance problems. There are some tuning parameters, though. But I
think, that as soon as I use some 10 Java based checks, I'll be out of
luck and the monitoring will break.

I also thought, that I should turn the plugin into a server, create some
threads for the individual SAP checks and then use passive checks from
nagios. The problem with this approach is, that there's another
component, that can fail -- but your suggestion, to check the server is
fine. I like the idea...

Thanks,

Thomas