Weird alert

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Wed Sep 8 05:55:38 CEST 2004

Hey Steve,

>     pager    0421054024 at streetdata.com.au
>     service_notification_period    nonworkhours
>     host_notification_period    nonworkhours

Check your timeperiod 'nonworkhours', it should look like this:

define timeperiod{
    timeperiod_name      nonworkhours
    alias                Outside business hours
    sunday               00:00-24:00
    monday               00:00-08:00,17:00-24:00
    tuesday              00:00-08:00,17:00-24:00
    wednesday            00:00-08:00,17:00-24:00
    thursday             00:00-08:00,17:00-24:00
    friday               00:00-08:00,17:00-24:00
    saturday             00:00-24:00
}

>There are several other elements around this info which send emails during
>workhours when hosts have issues, however this morning when the host MIKEY
>went down, I received an SMS message about it.  My (apparently flawed)
>understanding is that the contact webdev-oncall should only receive
>notifications in nonworkhours (from the contact definition) and only on
>the second and subsequent notification (from the hostgroup escalation).

Seems like your configs are correct, if you still have probs email your
hostgroup, contactgroup and service definition. (btw I would strip data
like "0421054024 at streetdata.com.au" and "intranet.industry.gov.au, parent
MIKEY" etc from your posts unless you like spam SMS/giving free information
to attackers :)

HTH,
Greg

=================================