"Could not parse arguments " on check_nt

Sam Stave sam_stave at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 4 02:08:06 CEST 2004

make sure you can run the checks via command line.

and verify your check_nt statements in your check
commands file - all mine look like:

# "check_nt_disk" command definition
 define command{
        command_name check_nt_disk
        command_line $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$
-p 1248 -v USEDDISKSPACE -l $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
        }

# "check_nt_mem" command definition
 define command{
        command_name check_nt_mem
        command_line $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$
-p 1248 -v MEMUSE
        }

# "check_nt_proc" command definition
 define command{
        command_name check_nt_proc
        command_line $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$
-p 1248 -v PROCSTATE -l $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
        }

# "check_nt_service" command definition
 define command{
        command_name check_nt_service
        command_line $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$
-p 1248 -v SERVICESTATE -l $ARG1$
        }

ALso - check to make sure you call them properly in
the Service.cfg.....

remember that check mem needs no -l arg - so you jsut
state check_mem for the host.

When calling a servicestate - you need the exact name
of the service that Windows knows it by - so right
click -> properties the service you want to check and
look at the name at the very top (not the user
configurable one in the field below)

your checks should look like:

 check_command    check_nt_mem
 check_command
check_nt_service!BackupExecRPCService
 check_command    check_nt_disk!C!70!88

Now - if anyone can help me with checking windows
counters, maybe point me to a list of the actual
counters that i can check etc.... I would appreciate
that.

Thanks

Sam