not getting email alerts

Steve Loughran stevelml1 at scee.sony.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 22:50:55 CEST 2004

Also, dont forget that many SMTP gatdeways wil have strict anti-spam
routines on them, and will block/drop any messages that doesnt have a valid
domain part to the *senders* address

"From: nagios at localhost.localdomain"

just wont do the job. The domain part of the host that the email is sent
from should be resolvable in the real world, or external mail gateways my
drop it.

Steve