Scheduling queue

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Wed Sep 1 15:28:57 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 03:00, Ghe Rivero wrote:
> Hi people,
>     we are going to use nagios in my university, but
> after have it working, we have found that most of the
> time, the scheduling queue is some minutes delayed
> (Current time 8.55.34 and next check 8.51.27), which
> is really anoying when there are some critical service
> that can not be waiting.
> Thanks in advanced.

Did you set 'max_concurrent_checks' to anything besides 0?  If so, it
will cause nagios not to execute new checks if there are already that
number of checks running.

'service_reaper_frequency' could also be a culprit.  If you set it to a
high number, the check could have run, but nagios hasn't processed the
results yet.

Likewise, if 'sleep_time' was set high it could seriously delay things.