Check_ifoperstatus Plugin

Naman Latif naman.latif at inamed.com
Tue Oct 26 20:35:52 CEST 2004

Hi,
I am using "check_ifoperstatus" plugin to monitor various Cisco devices. It works fine mostly but for some devices its coming back as
"check_ifoperstatus plugin for Nagios monitors operational" in the Status Information field.

I have verified that exactly the same command works from the command line and returns the correct info as "Interface xxx is up".

Randomly it will start working ok. NAGIOS considers this false information as OK and doesn't send out the notification. I have seen the same message being returned even if the device didn't respond to SNMP and NAGIOS considered it as OK state and didn't send out a notification. Anyone had the same problem ?

\\ Naman