Statusmap logos, ignore hostextinfo.cfg

Jan Scholten Jan.Scholten at iconz.net
Mon Oct 25 23:07:26 CEST 2004

I don't knwo if it solves your problem:

Nagios use4s only the first extinfo file:

#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ eXtended Data File @@@@@@@@@@@@

#Only one file is parsed, so we put everything in one file!
xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/extinfo.cfg

#xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/serviceextinfo.cfg
#xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg
#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

So you have to put service and hostexitinfo in one file to have both. when
having two "xedtemplate_config_file=" lines only the first one is used.

I can't help any further, since it is working fine herte (Debian 3.1
selfcompiled Nagios)

Jan

> Hello all,
>
> Yet another question about the logos that won't show-up in the nagios
> statusmap. I have read almost the complete mailing-list archive, but it
> seems there is no 'real' way to fix it.
>
> OS: RH8, kernel 2.4
> Nagios: 1.2
>
> I recompiled nagios, I installed gd-lib, zlib, pnglib, jpeg lib etc. and
> when I exceute the command
> % ldd statusmap.cgi the library dependencies are all pointing to
> existing paths and files.
>
> This is my hosextinfo file (only 1 host for example)
>
> define hostextinfo{
>          name                    windows-icons
>          icon_image              win40.png
>          icon_image_alt          Microsoft Windows 2000
>          vrml_image              win40.png
>          statusmap_image         win40.gd2
>          register                0       # don"t register the template
>  }
> define hostextinfo{
>          use                     windows-icons
>          host_name               windows2k_srv01
>  }
>
> also the xedtemplate_config_file variable is set propperly in the
> cgi.cfg file as the htmlpath and the logos do exist.
> I also renamed a win40.gd2 to unknown.gd2 to see if the format is
> supported, and yes it worked :)
>
> Who oh who can tell me what's going wrong here?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Peter

> reporting any issue.

Jan Scholten