Statusmap logos, ignore hostextinfo.cfg

p.prins at chello.nl p.prins at chello.nl
Mon Oct 25 13:44:47 CEST 2004

Hello all,

Yet another question about the logos that won't show-up in the nagios statusmap. I have read almost the complete mailing-list archive, but it seems there is no 'real' way to fix it.

OS: RH8, kernel 2.4
Nagios: 1.2

I recompiled nagios, I installed gd-lib, zlib, pnglib, jpeg lib etc. and when I exceute the command
% ldd statusmap.cgi the library dependencies are all pointing to existing paths and files.

This is my hosextinfo file (only 1 host for example)

define hostextinfo{
         name                    windows-icons
         icon_image              win40.png
         icon_image_alt          Microsoft Windows 2000
         vrml_image              win40.png
         statusmap_image         win40.gd2
         register                0       # don"t register the template
 }

 define hostextinfo{
         use                     windows-icons
         host_name               windows2k_srv01
 }

also the xedtemplate_config_file variable is set propperly in the cgi.cfg file as the htmlpath and the logos do exist.
I also renamed a win40.gd2 to unknown.gd2 to see if the format is supported, and yes it worked :)

Who oh who can tell me what's going wrong here?

Best regards,

Peter