What's This?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Oct 19 21:11:34 CEST 2004

João Paulo Vaz da Silva wrote:
> Hi guys, help me what's this?
>
> [root at support libexec]# ./check_ping -H 10.4.1.70 -w 500.00,40% -c
> 1000.00,70%
> /bin/ping -n -U -c 5 10.4.1.70
> Error: Could not interpret output from ping command

It means your check_ping plugin can't read the output of your ping
command. It's a very concise error message, actually.
You can try using the check_icmp plugin I contributed ages ago instead.
It's somewhere at sourceforge.net/projects/nagiosplug
(click contrib (I think) and then look for check_icmp). It's 99% ANSI C,
so it will compile on just about any POSIX-compliant system you throw it
at, and it's a helluva lot faster than check_ping as well.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer