problem with check_http_site

joost at informatiefabriek.nl joost at informatiefabriek.nl
Tue Oct 19 14:12:55 CEST 2004

This is in my service.cfg

define service{
        host_name                       ares
        service_description             TEST SITE
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              4
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  linux-admins
        notification_interval           960
        notification_period             24x7
        check_command                   check_http_site!"
gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/967646"
}

This is in my checkcommands.cfg

define command{
        command_name    check_http_site
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -H $ARG1$
}

the command
check_http_site!"gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/967646" gives
as result: Name or service not known
The adress is working (up).

I Think it has to do with the slashes I used in the URL, because when I
try a regular address like www.cnn.com it works fine.

Anyone have an idea how I can call the function with a parameter
containing slashes?

regards,

Joost Saanen
www.Informatiefabriek.nl