problem with authentication

Mario Sergio Candian mscandian at freebsdbrasil.com.br
Mon Oct 18 21:11:54 CEST 2004

hi guys,

i have the following problem:

my configuration in my httpd.conf:

    ServerName nagios.mydomain.com.br
    ServerAdmin info at mydomain.com.br
    DocumentRoot /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/
    ErrorLog /var/log/nagios.mydomain.com.br-error_log
    CustomLog /var/log/nagios.mydomain.com.br-access_log common
        <Directory /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/>
                AllowOverride Options FileInfo
        </Directory>

   ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/sbin/
  <Directory "/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/sbin/">
     AllowOverride AuthConfig
     Options ExecCGI
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
  </Directory>

    ScriptAlias /companyA/cgi-bin/ /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/sbin/
   <Directory "/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/sbin/">
      AllowOverride AuthConfig
      Options ExecCGI
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
   </Directory>

    ScriptAlias /companyB/cgi-bin/ /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/sbin/
   <Directory "/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/sbin/">
      AllowOverride AuthConfig
      Options ExecCGI
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
   </Directory>

    Alias /nagios/ /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/share/
  <Directory "/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/share/">
     Options None
     AllowOverride AuthConfig
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
  </Directory>

   Alias /companyA/ /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/share/
  <Directory "/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/share/">
     Options None
     AllowOverride AuthConfig
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
  </Directory>

   Alias /companyB/ /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/share/
  <Directory "/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/share/">
     Options None
     AllowOverride AuthConfig
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
  </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

The problem is:

when I type the address in my browser, e,g: nagios.mydomain.com.br/companyA
it appears a box that I must inform login and password. I give the login
and passwd, and I enter in my configuration of companyA. No problems yet.
But, if I clear the address in my browser, and type, e.g:
nagios.mydomain.com.br/companyB, I continue in same configuration of
companyA, and dont appears a box where I should to give the login and
passwd.

If I close my browser, and open other, and type the address for companyB,
it appears a box that I must give the login and passwd. I give the login
and passwd, and I enter in my configuration of companyB.

Why when I clear the address and I enter with other address for other
company, dont appears a box with the login and passwd? Is this problem with
my apache configuration? Someone know how I can to fix it?

Any help is appreciated.

Mario Sergio