problem with nagios

Jan Scholten Jan.Scholten at iconz.net
Mon Oct 18 00:07:47 CEST 2004

> Hello Friends,
>
> I want to know if i am planning to host nsgios in a environment where
> near about 300 computers are supposed to be scan by nagios, in this case
> does it affects the service/host scanning speed of the nagios?
I don't really get your question.. scanning 300 host is not a problem,
while scanning 300 host and 10000 Services would be a problem.

I believe your are fine if you have a decent hardware, you can scan a lot
of stuff then. But it depends on your scanning intervall (scanning 1000
Services with a 10 Second intervall may not be a good idea, the normal
scanning (every 5 mins) would be ok. scanning 50 Servises at a short
intervall while the rest is in a X Minute intervall should be ok too..
It depends on how many active or passive checks you use.

But i think it's safe to say:
Yes you can use that for scanning 300 host!

> My 3d statusmap displaying just a black screen however i have installed
> Freewrl can anyone help me?

Don't know did not get vrml to work (no need to)

> Regards sushil
Jan

--
Jan Scholten