Host DOWN alert for server2!

Serge Bianda serge.bianda at appiancorp.com
Fri Oct 15 15:22:25 CEST 2004

Hello all:

I have installed nagios on Red Hat Linux 3.0 on a server called server2,
after successfully adding all our servers info and services, I keep on
getting a notification from my nagios server about the below input. I
went in and commented out in the hosts.cfg file that server, and I also
commented out the services in services.cfg and restarted nagios, but
after a little while I kept on getting that notification, and I don't
even have any entry that matches the IP address listed in the
notification and also the message just says State: DOWN, for which
service I don't know. Can someone point on what is the problem here, and
where whould I go to dig that info from. Note that I have installed the
latest packages of nagios along with the plugins.

Regards,

Serge

Here is the notification message I gets all the time: