Host / Service dependencies

Jeff Engstrom Jeff.Engstrom at fortix.net
Thu Oct 14 19:21:23 CEST 2004

Greetings,

            After reading through the documentation at
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/dependencies.html I'm still at a
loss on how exactly it works.

            What I would like to accomplish is that if a host is down
that none of the services send an alert.  Perhaps I could even have
another notification triggered that would list what services are
affected by the host being down?  I thought about adding a PING check
and making all other service checks dependent on the ping check.  I'm
just not sure that is the best way to configure things.  Anyone have an
idea how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jeff