Preventing false errors

Harper Mann hmann at itgroundwork.com
Tue Oct 12 23:02:59 CEST 2004

Make the router at the ISP the parent_host of the target "Monitored Server".

You should be able to determine the IP with traceroute.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/networkreachability.html
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/networkoutages.html
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/dependencies.html

Regards,