Who is using Nagios 2.0?

Kelvin Wu kelvin.wu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 08:05:20 CEST 2004

my experience, i had around 7000 services installed in my nagios 1.2,
the web interface is too slow to use. i have spilt one nagios into 5
nagios on one server, each nagios running on his own port with less
than 2000 services(each nagios only needs services.cfg etc, libexec
and lots of cfg files can be shared, checkcommands.cfg for example).
now web interface is very fast.

the problem is the status.cgi program, it loads and parses whole
services.cfg every time when a click from web interface. when you have
huge amount of services defined, parsing of services.cfg will kill the
server. so make services.cfg as small as you can to speed up web
interface.