Who is using Nagios 2.0?

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Mon Oct 11 07:41:13 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm wondering who is using Nagios 2.0 in a production environment? Our
Nagios 1.2 installation is chugging pretty badly (well, the web server
is anyway, when web information is requested) with 7,500 services (the
traversal algorithms, right?) and I am going to split off the ~5000 lab
host services onto a separate (and less powerful) server.
I understand that Nagios 2.0 has much faster traversal algorithms and so
(hopefully) will be just as fast if not faster on the second server.

Just wondering how many ppl are using 2.0 (feel free to drop me a direct
line rather than replying to the list) and how you've gone with the CVS
snapshots?

--
Greg Vickers
Information Technology Services