NRPE 2.0 + IRIX 6.5.22 == no joy :(

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Thu Oct 7 23:49:42 CEST 2004

Hey folks,

   I'm trying to build NRPE on an IRIX build machine, and I'm having no
luck:

SGI:granite.nagios->make all
        cd ./src/; make ; cd ..
        cc -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o nrpe nrpe.c utils.c  -lnsl -lsocket
nrpe.c:
cc-1070 cc: ERROR File = nrpe.c, Line = 1442
  The indicated type is incomplete.

        static struct option long_options[]={
                             ^

cc-1020 cc: ERROR File = nrpe.c, Line = 1443
  The identifier "required_argument" is undefined.

                {"config", required_argument, 0, 'c'},
                           ^

cc-1020 cc: ERROR File = nrpe.c, Line = 1444
  The identifier "no_argument" is undefined.

                {"inetd", no_argument, 0, 'i'},
                          ^

3 errors detected in the compilation of "nrpe.c".
utils.c:
*** Error code 2 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

   This is using the SGI compiler.  This is a product build machine, so
I cannot install gcc or anything like that.

   Can anyone with a little more programming knowlege take a quick look
and maybe help out with a patch?  OK, a _lot_ more knowlege, I'm a
dunce when it comes to C.  :)

Thanks!

Benny

--
"Even if a man chops off your hand with a sword, you still have two nice,
sharp bones to stick in his eyes."