check_nrpe solaris woes

Ludo Bosmans Ludo.Bosmans at aureusim.be
Wed Oct 6 09:58:50 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have a solaris box, with several diff. boot disk. Currently i'm unable to reboot solaris 9 but i have some tips, since i had comparable problems on sol 7 and 8.

I have no ssl libraries on the solaris system, so i compiled without that option. Start ./configure with disable-ssl option.

Also the check_nrpe must be runned with that option disable, so initial i recompiled version 2 also with the disable-ssl options and renamed the check_nrpe to check_nrpe_sol.
Later i found that there is a -n option that force the check_nrpe without ssl.

As referred in the nrpe.cfg file at the solaris site, i have made a nagios account and nagios group, the account shell itself is set to /usr/bin/false.
In case of problems, also have a look in the syslog and/or messages file for error msg's.

best regards,

ludo