freshness checks threshold

Ralf Wigand Ralf.Wigand at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Oct 4 16:16:25 CEST 2004

hi!

when I define a passive check and want to check if the passive check
reported on the schedules times, I am using the following config:

check_command                   check_missed_passive-check
check_freshness                 1
freshness_threshold             1800
active_checks_enabled           0
passive_checks_enabled          1
max_check_attempts              3
normal_check_interval           1
retry_check_interval            1

So, my understanding is:
passive check should send a result every 60 seconds
(normal_check_interval), and if the result is missing for more then 1800
sec (freshness_threshold) do the check_missed_passive-check (as in
check_command).

Well, here is what the logfile says:
Warning: The results of service 'xxxxxx' on host 'xxxxxx' are stale by
19 seconds (threshold=1800 seconds). I'm forcing an immediate check of
the service.

That is not exactly what I expected :-)

Am I wrong? Is this a FAQ? I did not find any hints. Please help.

ciao, ralf
---
System Management, CA, User-Helpdesk
c/o Computing Center, University of Karlsruhe
---
You know the world is going crazy when the best golfer is a black guy,
the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of
arrogance,
and Germany doesn't want to go to war.